Location: Lexington Park, MD
Job Number: 14-009-MD
Seeking experienced Senior Commercialization Specialist to support NAVAIR Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Office at Patuxent River, MD. Duties include:
- Provide analysis to SBIR Small Business Concerns and NAVAIR regarding commercialization readiness of selected advanced technologies.
- Assess technical/business/management risks of Technology Transition initiatives
- Develop Risk Assessment Reports
- Provide Risk Management Assessment consulting expertise to small business concerns in the areas of:
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Commercialization and Transition
- Audit Preparations
- Operational Security Review
- Manufacturing Plans
- Configuration Management
- Bachelors degree in Business, Management, or Engineering, 10 years or greater experience desired.
- Primary qualification: Experience with Technical, Business, and Management challenges associated with commercialization of advanced, innovative technologies.
- A former Small Business owner who successfully commercialized a Phase III SBIR initiative, and would like to help others do the same, would be the perfect candidate.
- Knowledge of the NAVAIR organization and mission, and DoD Acquisition and Systems Engineering processes and milestones desired.
- Experience working on a DoD Acquisition program desired.
- Eligibility for DoD SECRET clearance required.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written), go-getter attitude, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed and bring their technologies to market are absolute requirements.
Alexandria Insights is a Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to helping U.S. Government customers effectively and efficiently use technology to solve problems of national significance. If you are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, hard-working, and want to get in on the ground floor of a company poised to grow, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.